The aim of lumpen archives is to collect and digitally document independent publications made by comic artists, and with time become a useful point of reference for discovering new and different narratives.
If you would like to submit your publication please follow these steps:
○ 1 image for front cover + up to 8 images for the inside pages, using a dark/black background in portrait mode is preferred. The images uploaded to lumpen archives were made possible with the use of a scanner, if you do not possess one, please send an email to → lumpen archives at gmail dot com / and we can arrange something.
○ make sure each of the images is not bigger than 1.5MB, with a maximum resolution of 200/300dpi (200 is advised).
~ WRITTEN TEXT
○ Title of the book
○ Author/s' name/s + social media handles and/or link to websites ~ if multiple, please specify every artist included, together with their social media handles and/or link to websites
○ Publisher’s name + social media handles and/or link to website ~ indicate if self-published
○ Synopsis of the book, this can be a general outline of the project, and not more than 400 words. Having a summary is advised but not essential.
○ Year of release + edition (first edition, reprint...)
○ Size in centimetres
○ Page count (advised but not necessary)
○ Methods of production (printing, binding, colours used if risograph printed etc)
○ ISBN if available
○ Links to interviews, videos, podcasts about the authors and/or publishers, not essential but advised.
~ if the project is digital, high resolution screenshots + the above will work as well.
~ if you want to submit a publication that was not made by you, the above still applies. Make sure that in the submission you also include your full name and social media handles and/or a link to your website.
To submit, please send an email with a WeTransfer link to → lumpen archives at gmail dot com ~